XCAT Detection System
- Article ID
- Handling time
- 10 weekdays
Narcotics, Explosives, and Gunshot Residue Detection System
The XCAT handheld detection system features one-step detection of narcotics, explosives, and gunshot residue.
SAMPLING CARDS AND CAPABILITIES
C4, RDX, PETN, Semtex, Det. Cord, Deta Sheet, Nitroglycerin, Nitrocellulose, Ammonium Nitrate,
ANFO, Urea Nitrate, Black Powder
TNT, DNT, Tetryl, Ammonium Picrate, Picric Acid, Comp B
Amphetamines, Methamphetamines, Crystal Meth, MDMA (Ecstasy), ‘Bath Salts’ (incl. Cathinone, Mescaline, 2C-I, Mephedrone, Pyrovalerone, Methylone, Methedrone, Butylone, TFMPP, BZP)
Heroin, Heroin hydrochloride
Cocaine (Crack), Cocaine hydrochloride, PCP
The XCAT uses detection cards with specially formulated optical detection inks and software to identify characteristics unique to each individual or group of chemically related analytes. Each analyte or group of analytes is detected with a dedicated card. The unit uniquely identifies and analyzes each card (eg. Cocaine or GSR) for the presence of the target analytes, and returns a red or green light signal to the user simply indicating “detection” or “no detection”. The XCAT performs the optical analysis in a light-controlled setting, and therefore returns objective results that are not based on external lighting conditions (e.g. sunlight or night) or an individual user’s subjective interpretation and color-matching to a manufacturer’s printed color chart.
• Narcotics, Explosives, and Gunshot Residue detection in a single platform
• Red-Light/Green-Light result
• No interpretation,no color charts, no spraying, no chemical exposure
• Less than 0.5 kg
• Rugged for field use
• Rechargeable Li-ion battery (7 hour battery life)
• Detection in less than one minute
• Field upgradeable
• No calibration
• Operating Temperature range: 0° – +50°C
MECHANICAL STRESS TEST
- 1000X life cycle testing completed without any failures.
- Detection performance validated across full operating temperature range.
- IP52 rated for water and dust ingress
- Passed MIL-STD-810G Salt Fog testing, low temperature storage (-20°C), temperature shock (-20°C to 60°C), Vibration (1 hour truck bed simulator).